Advertisement

Picture EBD Group BioPharm America 2019 Boston September 600x60px
Document › Details

Nomad Bioscience GmbH. (8/7/15). "Press Release: Nomad Bioscience Sells Its Subsidiary Icon Genetics to Denki Kagaku Kogyo Kabushiki Kaisha, Japan".

Organisations Organisation Denka Seiken Co. Ltd.
  Group Denka (Group)
  Organisation 2 Icon Genetics GmbH (Halle)
  Group Denka (Group)
Products Product magnICON technology
  Product 2 vaccine
Index term Index term Nomad Bioscience–Denka: investment, 201508–201708 acquisition up to €75m of 51% share in Icon Genetics GmbH + after 2y acquiring rest by Denka
Persons Person Yoshitaka, Shinsuke (Denka 201508 President + CEO)
  Person 2 Gleba, Yurijus (Yuri) (Icon Genetics 200501 CEO)
     


NOMAD BIOSCIENCE GmbH, Munich, Germany (“NOMAD”) is pleased to announce that it has completed the share transfer agreement previously announced on August 6, 2015 with DENKI KAGAKU KOGYO KABUSHIKI KAISHA, Tokyo, Japan (“DENKA”) regarding sale in two phases of all of the shares of Icon Genetics GmbH (“ICON”), NOMAD’s wholly owned subsidiary. The transfer was completed on August 20, 2015. NOMAD has sold 51% of ICON's shares to DENKA ("First Phase") as a result of which ICON has become a subsidiary of DENKA, and after two years of implementation of the First Phase, DENKA will acquire the remaining 49% of ICON's shares, resulting in ICON becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of DENKA. Based on the agreement with DENKA, after the sale, ICON will carry out research and development in the vaccines and diagnostic reagents business. ICON will continue to operate from Halle, Germany. Prior to the acquisition, NOMAD and DENKA have entered into a number of agreements including feasibility studies, license and development agreements.

DENKA is engaged in the business of macromolecular sodium hyaluronate manufactured based on its original cultural method and the business of various vaccines and diagnostic reagents developed and manufactured by Denka Seiken Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, a major group company of DENKA. As a result of the acquisition, DENKA is committed to developing norovirus vaccine and other vaccines which have never been produced by Denka Seiken and, in relation to seasonal influenza vaccines currently produced by Denka Seiken, creating a brand new production technology that could replace the traditional one.

NOMAD retains all intellectual property rights to biopharmaceuticals and biomaterials other than vaccines and diagnostics, and intends to continue development of new biopharmaceuticals, including biosimilar and ‘biobetter’ antibodies, at NOMAD’s newly created wholly owned subsidiary Nambawan Biotech GmbH.

The total acquisition amount to be paid by DENKA is a maximum of EUR 75 million (approximately, JPY10 billion or US$ 83 million).


About Nomad Bioscience GmbH

NOMAD BIOSCIENCE GmbH, formed in 2009 is a plant biotechnology company developing transient expression systems, and will invest part of the proceeds for applications in a broad range of agricultural, anti-microbial and pharmaceutical products. The company is actively seeking corporate partners to help develop and commercialize its products. NOMAD is led by Dr. Yuri Gleba. Corporate offices are headquartered in Munich, Germany and the research division is located in Halle, Germany. NOMAD BIOSCIENCE GmbH has two subsidiary companies: Nambawan Biotech GmbH (Halle, Germany) and UAB Nomads (Vilnius, Lithuania).

Contact

Nomad Bioscience GmbH
Weinbergweg 22
D-06120 München

   
Record changed: 2019-06-09

Advertisement

Picture [LSUS] Life-Sciences-USA.com – The Business Web Portal 600x60px

More documents for Denka (Group)


To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to info@iito.de and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE Newsletter«

To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]

Advertisement

SilverSky LifeSciences DxPx Conference 2019 Düsseldorf Medica 600x60px




» top