Document › Details
Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (2/9/12). "Press Release: Proteros Announces the Appointment of Dr. Klaus Hinterding as Chief Scientific Officer and Member of the Management Board". Martinsried.
|Organisation||Proteros Biostructures GmbH|
|Organisation 2||Roche (Group)|
|Product||drug discovery services|
|Person||Hinterding, Klaus (Proteros 201202– CSO before Roche + Novartis)|
|Person 2||Neuefeind, Torsten (Proteros Biostructures 200610 Managing Director)|
Proteros biostructures GmbH (Proteros) announced today that Dr. Klaus Hinterding, formerly at Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Roche), has joined the company as Chief Scientific Officer and member of the management board. Dr. Hinterding brings to Proteros considerable pharmaceutical industry experience that spans early research through to clinical development in various therapeutic areas.
At Novartis, his research contributed to the understanding of the mode-of-action of GilenyaTM, licensed for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, and he led the team that discovered a selective S1P-receptor agonist, currently in Phase II for the same indication. As Life Cycle Leader at Roche he implemented an innovative development and commercial strategy for one of Roche´s leading late-stage development candidates that culminated in a multi-thousand patient clinical program in cardiovascular disease. Dr. Hinterding has led various international research & development collaborations and is an author and inventor of more than 20 patents and publications. He was a post-doctoral fellow at Harvard University and received his PhD in organic Chemistry from the University of Karlsruhe.
Torsten Neuefeind, founder and CEO of Proteros, said: "Klaus's significant background in medicinal chemistry, drug discovery and clinical development will have an immediate impact on Proteros' growing integrated lead discovery business. Klaus will be responsible for growing the organization that supports our clients as they rely on Proteros to deliver analytical services of crystallography, compound profiling, proteins and increasingly lead compounds, through innovative, integrated structure guided drug discovery collaborations. We welcome Klaus to Proteros."
About Proteros biostructures GmbH:
Proteros is a privately held company that provides services and proprietary technologies to support integrated drug discovery. Proteros uses its technical expertise, industrial processes and unique technologies for crystallography, kinetic and thermodynamic profiling and fragment-based lead generation incorporating protein structure inspired compound and fragment libraries. The platform enables "knowledge driven lead engineering" to accelerate and improve protein structure analysis and structure-based drug discovery. Proteros complements its clients's internal capabilities with external expertise and access to flexible resources. Proteros currently provides services to more than 80 pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients in North America, Europe and Asia. Proteros US, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Proteros established to serve the growing customer base in North America.
For further information please visit the website at: www.proteros.com
Proteros biostructures GmbH
Thomas Waldmann, Ph.D.
Phone: +49 89 7007 61 - 0
Record changed: 2012-02-15
More documents for Proteros (Group)
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (5/6/13). "Press Release: Proteros and Eisai Achieve Target in Lead Discovery Project, Delivering Kinetically Optimized Lead Compounds". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (10/10/12). "Press Release: Proteros Announces Appointment of New Chief Financial Officer, Arnd Christ". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (8/6/12). "Press Release: Proteros Announces Successful Close of Financing Round. Largest-ever Financing Allows for Expansion of Drug Discovery Capabilities". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (1/9/12). "Press Release: Janssen Pharmaceutica NV and Proteros Expand Relationship and Enter into Global Agreement". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (12/9/11). "Press Release: Proteros Expands Business Development Acitivites in Japan in Response to Growth Opportunities". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (10/24/11). "Press Release: Proteros Has Relocated to a Tailor-made Facility in Martinsried". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (8/8/11). "Pressemitteilung: Proteros wird mit „Bayerns Best 50“ Auszeichnung geehrt". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (6/28/11). "Press Release: AMRI and Proteros Biostructures GmbH Announce Strategic Alliance". Albany, NY....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (5/24/11). "Press Release: Proteros and Institut Pasteur Korea Establish Discovery Services Collaboration in the Field of Infectious Diseases". Martinsried....
-  Proteros Biostructures GmbH. (5/17/11). "Press Release: Proteros and Hutchison MediPharma Enter into Long-term Research Collaboration Agreement". Martinsried....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)