Document › Details
Orexo AB. (3/6/12). "Press Release: Orexo AB Focuses Its Business and Reduces Costs". Uppsala.
|Organisation||Orexo AB (OMX Nordic List, Mid Cap: ORX)|
|Person||Lundström, Anders (Orexo 201102– CEO before Biogen Idec + AstraZeneca + Janssen-Cilag + BMS)|
Orexo AB is focusing its development activities to the three proprietary programs OX219, OX51 and OX27. The total requirement for resources will thereby be reduced with up to 35 full time employees.
The personnel reduction, which will have full effect in 2013, is expected to lower the costs by a total of SEK 30 million annually. Negotiations with trade union representatives will commence immediately. The reduction in personnel is expected to be completed during the second quarter of 2012.
"The focus of our business activities will now be fully in line with Orexo's strategy and we shall exclusively invest in further development and commercialization of our proprietary products. This means that we are directing all our resources towards our key later stage development programs," says CEO Anders Lundström.
The three programs, OX219, OX51 and OX27 are based on proprietary drug delivery technologies applied to well-known substances with licensed uses. This results in programs with significantly lower development risk, lower cost and shorter development time than traditional drug development programs. This approach was used to successfully develop Orexo's pain product Abstral® and the insomnia product Edluar™.
Orexo has today 110 employees, of which approximately 80 work in research and development.
For further information, please contact:
Anders Lundström, CEO
Phone: +46 70-667 22 66
Orexo develops and markets pharmaceuticals based on proprietary drug delivery technologies applied to well-known substances. The company's largest product is Abstral, a treatment of breakthrough cancer pain. Orexo's shares are listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange and Danish Novo A/S and Swedish HealthCap are the largest shareholders. More information can be found at www.orexo.com
Note: This is information that Orexo AB (publ) discloses pursuant to the Financial Instruments Trading Act and/or Securities Market Act. The information was provided for public release on March 6, 2012 at 11:00 CET. This press release has been prepared in both Swedish and English. In the event of any discrepancy in the content of the two versions, the Swedish version shall take precedence.
Record changed: 2015-08-10
More documents for Orexo (Group)
-  Kibion AB. (11/17/14). "Press Release: WAT Becomes Kibion GmbH"....
-  Orexo AB. (8/6/14). "Press Release: OX-MPI Project Returned to Orexo". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (10/23/13). "Press Release: Interim Report January–September 2013"....
-  Kibion AB. (11/23/12). "Press Release: Diabact UBT + IRIS – the Perfect Combination for Helicobacter pylori Diagnosis. Comparison IRIS – Mass Spec"....
-  Orexo AB. (10/4/11). "Press Release: Orexo Appoints Peter Edman as Chief Scientific Officer". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (9/16/11). "Press Release: Orexo Strengthens Its Commercial Knowhow and Appoints Nikolaj Sørensen as Chief Commercial Officer". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (8/31/11). "Press Release: Orexo Appoints Carl-Johan Blomberg as New Chief Financial Officer". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (7/14/11). "Press Release: Orexo Takes Leading Position in Diagnostic Breath Tests through Acquisition". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (1/13/11). "Press Release: Anders Lundström to Be the New CEO of Orexo". Uppsala....
-  Boehringer Ingelheim. (12/16/10). "Press Release: Boehringer Ingelheim and Orexo Report Progress in Their Pain and Inflammatory Diseases Collaboration". Uppsala & Ingelheim....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]