Document › Details
Orexo AB. (10/4/11). "Press Release: Orexo Appoints Peter Edman as Chief Scientific Officer". Uppsala.
Orexo AB (STO: ORX) appoints Peter Edman as Chief Scientific Officer. Peter Edman's long experience from all phases of drug development and his extensive scientific background makes him particularly well suited for assuming the overall responsibility for Orexo's research and development.
Peter Edman holds a PhD and Associate Professor title in Biochemistry and has since 2008 been Chief Scientific Officer/Head of Research and Development at Sobi (Swedish Orphan Biovitrum). Prior to joining Sobi, Peter held various positions within research and development at Pharmacia, Astra och AstraZeneca. He has also been Director at the Swedish Medical Product Agency and has a background as Professor in Pharmaceutical Formulation and Adjunct Professor in drug delivery at the Faculty of Pharmacy, Uppsala University.
"It will be very exciting and rewarding to develop Orexo's projects into innovative new drugs that can address significant medical needs," said Peter Edman.
"Peter Edman has extensive experience in the areas of research and development and leadership. Both his skills in early drug discovery and drug development in late stages will be of great value to Orexo. The strengthening of the executive management is the next step in our strategy to create profitability focusing on our three proprietary programs," said Anders Lundström, President and CEO of Orexo. "I am pleased to welcome Peter to Orexo's executive management team."
Peter Edman will assume his position on January 1, 2012.
For further information, please contact:
Anders Lundström, President and CEO, Orexo AB
Tel: +46 706 67 22 66
Orexo is a pharmaceutical company focusing on developing treatments for pain and inflammation. The company has four commercialized products, several projects developed in partnership as well as three proprietary development programs. Orexo's registered products are Abstral® for the treatment of breakthrough cancer pain, sold by Kyowa Hakko Kirin/ProStrakan Group plc. in Europe and in the USA, the sleeping pill Edluar™, sold by Meda in the USA, as well as two products for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori which are being marketed by the subsidiary Kibion. More information can be found at www.orexo.com.
Orexo AB (publ) discloses the information provided in this press release pursuant to the Securities Markets Act. The information was provided for public release on October 4, 2011 at 09:00a.m. CET. This press release has been prepared in both Swedish and English. In the event of any discrepancy in the content of the two versions, the Swedish version shall take precedence.
Record changed: 2012-03-12
More documents for Orexo (Group)
-  Orexo AB. (10/23/13). "Press Release: Interim Report January–September 2013"....
-  Kibion. (11/23/12). "Press Release: Diabact UBT + IRIS – the Perfect Combination for Helicobacter pylori Diagnosis. Comparison IRIS – Mass Spec"....
-  Orexo AB. (3/6/12). "Press Release: Orexo AB Focuses Its Business and Reduces Costs". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (9/16/11). "Press Release: Orexo Strengthens Its Commercial Knowhow and Appoints Nikolaj Sørensen as Chief Commercial Officer". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (8/31/11). "Press Release: Orexo Appoints Carl-Johan Blomberg as New Chief Financial Officer". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (7/14/11). "Press Release: Orexo Takes Leading Position in Diagnostic Breath Tests through Acquisition". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (1/13/11). "Press Release: Anders Lundström to Be the New CEO of Orexo". Uppsala....
-  Boehringer Ingelheim. (12/16/10). "Press Release: Boehringer Ingelheim and Orexo Report Progress in Their Pain and Inflammatory Diseases Collaboration". Uppsala & Ingelheim....
-  Orexo AB. (10/27/10). "Press Release: Orexo Strengthens Its Subsidiary Kibion by Recruiting Petter Bäckgren as CEO". Uppsala....
-  Orexo AB. (8/26/10). "Press Release: Orexo Notes Significant Change in Its Owner Structure". Uppsala....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)