Document › Details
MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (11/21/10). "Press Release: Third Quarter Profitable Again for MeVis. Existing Industrial Partnerships Are Strengthened". Bremen.
|Organisation||MeVis Medical Solutions AG|
|Organisation 2||Siemens (Group)|
|Product 2||Visia™ CT Lung System|
|Index term 2||Medis medical imaging–MeVis: investment, 201006 acquisition additional 27% raising total share in Medis Holding BV to 41% for MeVis|
|Person||Evertsz, Carl J. G. (MeVis Medical Solutions 200609–201202 CEO LEAVES 3/12)|
|Person 2||Hannemann, Robert (MeVis Medical 201010– CFO)|
> Consolidated sales amount to € 10.1 m after the first nine months (pre-vious year: € 10.9 million)
> Share of maintenance business rises to 40% within the Group (previous year: 33%)
> Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) of € 0.7 m (previous year: € 0.8 m)
> Liquidity increased to € 9.6 m (end of 2010: € 8.2 m)
> Strategic refocus of business activities until the end of the year
MeVis Medical Solutions AG [ISIN: DE000A0LBFE4], a leading software provider for the medical imaging mar-ket, today announced its results for the first three quarters of 2011.
New business with the products DynaCAD® Breast and DynaSuite Neuro dropped, while licensing sales in the third quarter were particularly boosted by one-off payments received on account of the sale of licenses for the lung product Visia™ Lung-CT and from Siemens for the breast MRT product syngo™ BREVIS.
With a high share of maintenance revenues, consolidated sales in the third quarter amounted to € 3.4 m (previous year: € 3.6 m), slightly above the average of the first two quarters of the current year. With EBIT of € 0.5 m (previous year: € 0.7 m) well ahead of the first two quarters of this year, the ongoing cost reduction measures again resulted in a clearly positive operat-ing result for the period.
Sales in the first nine months consequently dropped by 7% to € 10.1 m (previous year: € 10.9 m). Throughout the Group, the share of maintenance revenue went up to 40% (previous year: 33%).
Staff costs fell again steeply by 13% to € 7.0 m (previous year: € 8.0 m) and at the same time, other operating expenses were reduced by a further 11% to € 2.0 m (previous year: € 2.2 m) within the scope of the ongoing cost reduction measures. With depreciation and amortization being almost constant, the 16% drop in capitalized development services to € 1.8 m (previous year: € 2.2 m) contributed to the slight fall in earnings before in-terest and taxes (EBIT) to € 0.7 m (previous year: € 0.8 m). Corresponding-ly, the EBIT margin, standing at approximately 7%, remained almost un-changed (previous year: 8%).
The financial result of € -0.4 m (previous year: € -0.2 m) was mainly influ-enced by the development of the USD exchange rate. Additionally, the prorata loss on our 41% equity interest in Medis Holding B.V., amounting to € -0.1 m (previous year: € -0.1 m), also negatively impacted our financial result.
Taking into account high income tax expenses, largely defined by deferred tax expenditures with no impact on liquidity, MeVis recorded a loss of € -0.9 m for the first three quarters of the current financial year (previous year: € -0.4 m). This resulted in earnings per share of € -0.54 (previous year: € 0.20).
"As already stated in our Interim Report H1/2011, we are currently review-ing our business strategy. In this context, we will be reassessing our marketing policy, particularly regarding our software platform activities, our product policy in the Other Diagnostics segment and the question of whether we should enter the market for cardiovascular imaging in close cooperation with our Supervisory Board by the end of this year," com-mented Dr. Carl J.G. Evertsz, CEO of MeVis Medical Solutions AG. "Discussions with selected parties interested in making a strategic investment have been ongoing, however we will continue to independently refocus our own activities."
"We are confirming our guidance for the current financial year published in the Group management report 2010 on account of business developments so far and expect a slight drop in consolidated sales and slightly positive consolidated earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT)," said Dr. Robert Hannemann, member of the Executive Board of MeVis Medical Solutions AG.
MeVis Group increased its cash and cash equivalents to € 9.6 m as of the balance sheet date (December 31, 2010: € 8.2 m). As planned, Group liquidity will fall again due to the payment obligations of up to € 3.5 m that are due in 2011 on the strategic acquisition of the 49% interest in MBS KG.
The financial reports of the company can be downloaded at http://www.mevis.de/mms/Finanzberichte.html
Record changed: 2011-11-28
More documents for MeVis (Group)
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (4/16/13). "Press Release: MeVis Medical Solutions AG Intends Intra-group Merger to Further Optimize the Group Structure (Ad hoc announcement)". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (11/12/12). "Press Release: MeVis Remains on Course for Further Profitability. Increased Liquidity and a Clear Improvement in Profitability with Stable Sales". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (5/30/12). "Press Release: Positive Start to 2012 for MeVis. Stable Sales, Improved Earnings Situation and Increased Liquidity". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (4/24/12). "Press Release: MeVis’ Profitability Increased in 2011. MeVis Medical Solutions Sees Slight Fall in Sales and Substantial Reduction in Costs". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (4/17/12). "Press Release: MeVis Medical Solutions AG to Close Its U.S. Subsidiary MeVis Medical Solutions, Inc.". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (4/10/12). "Press Release: MeVis Medical Solutions AG Announces the Resignation of Executive Board Member Thomas Tynes". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (2/14/12). "Press Release: MeVis Medical Solutions AG Announces Preliminary Figures for 2011. EBITDA and EBIT Above Prior Year – but EBIT Burdened by Mainly Non-cash, One-time Charges". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (1/20/12). "Press Release: MeVis Medical Solutions AG. Supervisory Board Appoints Marcus Kirchhoff as New CEO [Ad hoc announcement according to § 15 WpHG]". Bremen....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (11/10/10). "Press Release: Publication According to Article 26 Section 1 WpHG. Voting Rights of Allianz Global Investors Kapitalanlagegesellschaft mbH Have Fallen Below the 3% Treshold on November 08, 2011"....
-  MeVis Medical Solutions AG. (9/28/11). "Press Release: MeVis AG Joins the SPECTARIS e. V. Industry Association. MeVis Medical Solutions AG a New Member of Germany SPECTARIS Association". Bremen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)