Document › Details
Leica Microsystems AG. (11/10/11). "Press Release: License Agreement between Leica Microsystems, the Max Planck Society and the German Cancer Research Center. Developing the Next STED Generation". Wetzlar, Munich & Heidelberg.
|Organisation||Leica Microsystems AG|
|Organisation 2||Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (Goettingen)|
|Group||Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science|
|Product 2||cell analysis technology|
Leica Microsystems has signed an agreement with the Max Planck Society and the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) for the development of the next generation of super-resolution STED (Stimulated Emission Depletion) microscopy. This gives Leica Microsystems the license to develop the new technology, called gated STED, into a commercial product and put it on the market.
Professor Stefan Hell, Director at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, has taken his idea of STED microscopy a momentous step further with gated STED: The new technology significantly improves the resolution and contrast previously attained with CW-STED (Continuous-Wave Stimulated Emission Depletion) microscopy, while distinctly reducing laser intensity. This enhances photostability as well as live cell capability, substantially extending the range of possible applications. Also, gated STED technology will considerably increase the number of questions that can be addressed with STED fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (STED-FCS). The main application of gated STED FCS will be the observation of molecule movements in the membrane of living cells.
The new product of Leica Microsystems will be launched in the first half of the year 2012. Thanks to Leica Microsystems' modular concept, the Leica TCS SP5 and Leica TCS STED CW confocal systems already on the market can be upgraded with gated STED.
"We're delighted to be able to continue the provenly successful cooperation with the Max Planck Society, its technology transfer organization Max Planck Innovation and the DKFZ with this trailblazing product development," says Dr. Stefan Traeger, Vice President of Leica Microsystems' Life Science Division. "The new gated STED microscope will enable us to further strengthen our technological lead in super-resolution microscopy especially for confocal systems. "
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company's history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems' tradition of innovation, which draws on users' ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in four divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, Biosystems Division and Medical Division.
Leica Microsystems' Biosystems Division, also known as Leica Biosystems, offers histopathology laboratories the most extensive product range with appropriate products for each work step in histology and for a high level of productivity in the working processes of the entire laboratory.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 12 manufacturing facilities in 7 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  AB Sciex. (11/13/14). "Press Release: Germany’s Swimming Professor Chooses AB Sciex QTRAP Technology for Ground-breaking Rhine River Water Decontamination". Darmstadt....
-  AB Sciex. (10/2/14). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Illumina Collaborate to Create World’s First Multi-omics Cloud-computing Environment. Integration of SWATH Apps with BaseSpace". Framingham, MA & San Diego, CA....
-  AB Sciex. (7/29/14). "Press Release: AB Sciex Announces the 4500MD Series for In vitro Diagnostic Use". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (7/17/14). "Press Release: Danaher Reports Record Second Quarter 2014 Results". Washington, D.C.....
-  Beckman Coulter, Inc.. (7/16/14). "Press Release: Beckman Coulter to Acquire Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics' Clinical Microbiology Business". Brea, CA....
-  AB Sciex. (6/16/14). "Press Release: AB Sciex Releases New Mass Spectrometry Solutions at ASMS Conference". Framingham, MA....
-  Affymetrix, Inc.. (5/8/14). "Press Release: Affymetrix and Leica Biosystems Announce the Launch of Fully Automated RNA in situ Hybridization Assays". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Thayer, Ann M. [C&EN]. (4/28/14). "News: Top Instrument Firms. The Big Companies in C&EN’s Ranking Continued to Get Bigger in 2013 as They Sought Dominant Positions in the Analytical and Lab Instruments Market"....
-  Biocartis S.A.. (4/15/14). "Press Release: Invetech and Biocartis Announce Collaboration Agreement for Production of Multiplex Biomarker Analysis Platform Evalution". San Diego, CA....
-  AB Sciex. (4/1/14). "Press Release: Newborn Screening Solution from AB Sciex Provides Early Detection of Indicators of Metabolic Disorders to Help Doctors in Europe Make Babies’ Health more Predictable". Framingham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)