Document › Details
Leica Microsystems AG. (11/10/11). "Press Release: License Agreement between Leica Microsystems, the Max Planck Society and the German Cancer Research Center. Developing the Next STED Generation". Wetzlar, Munich & Heidelberg.
|Organisation||Leica Microsystems AG|
|Organisation 2||Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (Goettingen)|
|Group||Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science|
|Product 2||cell analysis technology|
Leica Microsystems has signed an agreement with the Max Planck Society and the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) for the development of the next generation of super-resolution STED (Stimulated Emission Depletion) microscopy. This gives Leica Microsystems the license to develop the new technology, called gated STED, into a commercial product and put it on the market.
Professor Stefan Hell, Director at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, has taken his idea of STED microscopy a momentous step further with gated STED: The new technology significantly improves the resolution and contrast previously attained with CW-STED (Continuous-Wave Stimulated Emission Depletion) microscopy, while distinctly reducing laser intensity. This enhances photostability as well as live cell capability, substantially extending the range of possible applications. Also, gated STED technology will considerably increase the number of questions that can be addressed with STED fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (STED-FCS). The main application of gated STED FCS will be the observation of molecule movements in the membrane of living cells.
The new product of Leica Microsystems will be launched in the first half of the year 2012. Thanks to Leica Microsystems' modular concept, the Leica TCS SP5 and Leica TCS STED CW confocal systems already on the market can be upgraded with gated STED.
"We're delighted to be able to continue the provenly successful cooperation with the Max Planck Society, its technology transfer organization Max Planck Innovation and the DKFZ with this trailblazing product development," says Dr. Stefan Traeger, Vice President of Leica Microsystems' Life Science Division. "The new gated STED microscope will enable us to further strengthen our technological lead in super-resolution microscopy especially for confocal systems. "
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company's history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems' tradition of innovation, which draws on users' ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in four divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, Biosystems Division and Medical Division.
Leica Microsystems' Biosystems Division, also known as Leica Biosystems, offers histopathology laboratories the most extensive product range with appropriate products for each work step in histology and for a high level of productivity in the working processes of the entire laboratory.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 12 manufacturing facilities in 7 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (4/7/16). "Press Release: Sciex Sponsored Award Acknowledges Exceptional Contributions to the Field of Electrodriven Separation Techniques. Arnold O. Beckman Medal and Award Presented to Dr. Bohuslav Gaš". Framingham, MA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (4/6/16). "Press Release: Company Reports Increases in Total/Products/Grant Revenue & Product Gross Margins". South Easton, MA....
-  Epistem Holdings plc. (2/19/16). "Press Release: Update on CEO Appointment"....
-  Danaher Corporation. (2/16/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Barclays Industrial Select Conference". Washington, DC....
-  Curetis N.V.. (2/3/16). "Press Release: Curetis Expands Commercial Team. Company Hires Willem Haagmans as Head of Sales EMEA". Amsterdam & Holzgerlingen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/24/15). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Executive Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/28/15). "Press Release: Sciex Partners with University of Manchester to Develop Biomarker Discovery Centre and Multi-Omics Centre for Precision Medicine". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (8/26/15). "Press Release: Sciex QTRAP 6500 LC-MS/MS System Demonstrates Exceptional Sensitivity and Selectivity in Method Development". Framingham, MA....
-  Leica Microsystems AG. (8/11/15). "Press Release: Markus Lusser is New President of Leica Microsystems". Wetzlar....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (7/22/15). "Press Release: New Method Addresses the Need for Increased Sensitivity in Halal Meat Authentication to Support Halal Certifications". Framingham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]