Collaboration › Details
Shire–Argen-X: SIMPLE antibody discovery platform, 201202– collab €na create antibodies for rare genetic disease targets of Shire
|Successor||Shire–Argen-X: SIMPLE antibody discovery platform, 201301– collab expansion to incl new therapeutic indication|
|Partner, 1st||Shire Human Genetics Therapies Inc.|
|Partner, 2nd||Argen-X B.V.|
|Today||Argen-X N.V. (Euronext Brussels: ARGX)|
|Group||Argen-X (Argenx) (Group)|
|Product||SIMPLE Antibody™ discovery platform|
|Product 2||therapeutic antibody|
Argen-X B.V.. (2/29/12). "Press Release: Argen-X Enters into a Therapeutic Antibody Alliance with Shire. Human Antibody Product Collaboration in Rare Diseases". Rotterdam & Ghent.
arGEN-X, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of human monoclonal antibodies from its proprietary SIMPLE Antibody™ platform, announces today that it has entered into an alliance with Shire to create novel therapeutic antibody products against multiple targets submitted by Shire.
Using its cutting edge SIMPLE Antibody™ discovery technology, arGEN-X will isolate and characterize human antibodies against the targets that Shire has identified and that are known to contribute to the pathophysiology of severe, rare genetic diseases. arGEN-X will also bring its state-of-the-art antibody capabilities to the collaboration for the preclinical characterization of therapeutic leads. Shire has the option to license the most promising leads for further preclinical and clinical development and commercialization worldwide.
Under the terms of the agreement, arGEN-X will receive an upfront technology access fee, research funding and preclinical success payments. In return for its option to develop and commercialize products on an exclusive basis, Shire will pay fees, milestones and royalties on product sales. Specific details of the financial terms were not disclosed.
Tim Van Hauwermeiren, CEO of arGEN-X, said, "We are delighted to pioneer human antibodies as novel, first-in-class therapies for rare diseases with a partner of Shire's calibre. Shire's depth of experience in protein-based therapies is the perfect complement to our own discovery capabilities. We are confident that our SIMPLE Antibody™ platform, which consistently delivers antibodies of therapeutic quality against complex targets often intractable with other technologies, will bring significant value to this alliance. We believe this alliance represents an industry first and we are looking forward to an exciting and productive collaboration with Shire."
"As a leader in innovative therapies for rare diseases, Shire is continuing to apply new technologies to address the needs of patients," said Philip J. Vickers, Senior Vice President, Research and Development, Shire Human Genetic Therapies (HGT). "Monoclonal antibody therapy is an underutilized approach to the treatment of rare diseases, and this novel platform has the potential to bring multiple drug candidates into our early-stage pipeline. Partnerships such as this one with arGEN-X are an important part of our strategy to bring new therapies to those suffering from rare diseases worldwide."
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shire (Group)
-  Chronos Therapeutics Ltd.. (7/20/16). "Press Release: Chronos Therapeutics Acquires Pre-clinical Programmes from Shire. Expands Pipeline With Novel CNS Assets in a Transformative Deal". Oxford....
-  Ipsen S.A.. (7/11/16). "Press Release: David Meek Appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Ipsen". Paris....
-  Shire plc. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Shire Completes Combination with Baxalta Creating the Global Leader in Rare Diseases and Highly Specialized Conditions". Dublin....
-  Shire plc. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Shire to Participate at Two Upcoming Investor Conferences". Lexington, MA....
-  Uniqure N.V.. (5/3/16). "Press Release: Uniqure Appoints Paul Firuta as Chief Commercial Officer". Amsterdam....
-  Baxalta Inc.. (2/16/16). "Press Release: Baxalta Posts Strong Fourth Quarter 2015 Sales and Earnings, Positive Momentum Continues with Achievement of Key Milestones". Bannockburn, IL....
-  Shire plc. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Shire to Combine with Baxalta, Creating the Global Leader in Rare Diseases". Dublin & Bannockburn, IL....
-  Uniqure N.V.. (12/18/15). "Press Release: Uniqure Appoints Dan Soland as Chief Executive Officer". Amsterdam....
-  Shire plc. (12/15/15). "Press Release: Shire to Present at 34th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Lexington, MA....
-  Shire plc. (11/2/15). "Press Release: Shire to Acquire Dyax Corp, Expanding and Extending Industry-leading Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) Portfolio". Dublin & Burlington, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]