Collaboration › Details
Shire–Argen-X: SIMPLE antibody discovery platform, 201202– collab €na create antibodies for rare genetic disease targets of Shire
|Successor||Shire–Argen-X: SIMPLE antibody discovery platform, 201301– collab expansion to incl new therapeutic indication|
|Partner, 1st||Argen-X B.V.|
|Product||SIMPLE Antibody™ discovery platform|
|Product 2||therapeutic antibody|
Argen-X B.V.. (2/29/12). "Press Release: Argen-X Enters into a Therapeutic Antibody Alliance with Shire. Human Antibody Product Collaboration in Rare Diseases". Rotterdam & Ghent.
arGEN-X, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of human monoclonal antibodies from its proprietary SIMPLE Antibody™ platform, announces today that it has entered into an alliance with Shire to create novel therapeutic antibody products against multiple targets submitted by Shire.
Using its cutting edge SIMPLE Antibody™ discovery technology, arGEN-X will isolate and characterize human antibodies against the targets that Shire has identified and that are known to contribute to the pathophysiology of severe, rare genetic diseases. arGEN-X will also bring its state-of-the-art antibody capabilities to the collaboration for the preclinical characterization of therapeutic leads. Shire has the option to license the most promising leads for further preclinical and clinical development and commercialization worldwide.
Under the terms of the agreement, arGEN-X will receive an upfront technology access fee, research funding and preclinical success payments. In return for its option to develop and commercialize products on an exclusive basis, Shire will pay fees, milestones and royalties on product sales. Specific details of the financial terms were not disclosed.
Tim Van Hauwermeiren, CEO of arGEN-X, said, "We are delighted to pioneer human antibodies as novel, first-in-class therapies for rare diseases with a partner of Shire's calibre. Shire's depth of experience in protein-based therapies is the perfect complement to our own discovery capabilities. We are confident that our SIMPLE Antibody™ platform, which consistently delivers antibodies of therapeutic quality against complex targets often intractable with other technologies, will bring significant value to this alliance. We believe this alliance represents an industry first and we are looking forward to an exciting and productive collaboration with Shire."
"As a leader in innovative therapies for rare diseases, Shire is continuing to apply new technologies to address the needs of patients," said Philip J. Vickers, Senior Vice President, Research and Development, Shire Human Genetic Therapies (HGT). "Monoclonal antibody therapy is an underutilized approach to the treatment of rare diseases, and this novel platform has the potential to bring multiple drug candidates into our early-stage pipeline. Partnerships such as this one with arGEN-X are an important part of our strategy to bring new therapies to those suffering from rare diseases worldwide."
Record changed: 2013-09-20
More documents for Shire (Group)
-  Shire plc. (11/11/13). "Press Release: Shire to Acquire ViroPharma in Strategic Move to Strengthen Rare Disease Portfolio, Will Augment Already Strong Growth Prospects"....
-  Argen-X B.V.. (9/19/13). "Press Release: Argen-X Reaches Milestone in SIMPLE Antibody Research and Product Development Collaboration with Shire". Breda & Ghent....
-  SARcode Bioscience, Inc.. (3/25/13). "Press Release: SARcode Biosience Announces Acquisition by Shire US Holdings Inc.". Brisbane, CA....
-  Shire plc. (3/25/13). "Press Release: Shire to Acquire SARcode Biosience, Expands Presence in Ophthalmology. Acquisition Brings Shire a New Phase 3 Compound Being Investigated for the Signs and Symptoms of Dry Eye Disease". Lexington, MA....
-  Shire plc. (3/12/13). "Press Release: Shire Acquires Premacure AB". Lexington, MA....
-  Shire plc. (2/14/13). "Press Release: Shire Delivers Strong 2012 Results and Reiterates Confidence in 2013"....
-  Argen-X B.V.. (1/7/13). "Press Release: Argen-X Expands Its Therapeutic Antibody Alliance with Shire. New Discovery Program Initiated within 12 Months of Collaboration Start". Breda....
-  Ethris GmbH. (1/7/13). "Press Release: Ethris Announces Research Based Alliance on SNIM Modified RNA with Shire". Munich....
-  Shire plc. (10/25/12). "Press Release: Angus Russell to Retire in 2013. Dr Flemming Ornskov to Succeed as Chief Executive". Dublin....
-  Amakem N.V.. (7/11/12). "Press Release: Amakem Appoints Maarten van Geffen as Head of CMC and Operations". Diepenbeek....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)