Collaboration › Details
Shire–Argen-X: SIMPLE antibody discovery platform, 201202– collab €na create antibodies for rare genetic disease targets of Shire
|Successor||Shire–Argen-X: SIMPLE antibody discovery platform, 201301– collab expansion to incl new therapeutic indication|
|Partner, 1st||Argen-X B.V.|
|Today||Argen-X N.V. (Euronext Brussels: ARGX)|
|Product||SIMPLE Antibody™ discovery platform|
|Product 2||therapeutic antibody|
Argen-X B.V.. (2/29/12). "Press Release: Argen-X Enters into a Therapeutic Antibody Alliance with Shire. Human Antibody Product Collaboration in Rare Diseases". Rotterdam & Ghent.
arGEN-X, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of human monoclonal antibodies from its proprietary SIMPLE Antibody™ platform, announces today that it has entered into an alliance with Shire to create novel therapeutic antibody products against multiple targets submitted by Shire.
Using its cutting edge SIMPLE Antibody™ discovery technology, arGEN-X will isolate and characterize human antibodies against the targets that Shire has identified and that are known to contribute to the pathophysiology of severe, rare genetic diseases. arGEN-X will also bring its state-of-the-art antibody capabilities to the collaboration for the preclinical characterization of therapeutic leads. Shire has the option to license the most promising leads for further preclinical and clinical development and commercialization worldwide.
Under the terms of the agreement, arGEN-X will receive an upfront technology access fee, research funding and preclinical success payments. In return for its option to develop and commercialize products on an exclusive basis, Shire will pay fees, milestones and royalties on product sales. Specific details of the financial terms were not disclosed.
Tim Van Hauwermeiren, CEO of arGEN-X, said, "We are delighted to pioneer human antibodies as novel, first-in-class therapies for rare diseases with a partner of Shire's calibre. Shire's depth of experience in protein-based therapies is the perfect complement to our own discovery capabilities. We are confident that our SIMPLE Antibody™ platform, which consistently delivers antibodies of therapeutic quality against complex targets often intractable with other technologies, will bring significant value to this alliance. We believe this alliance represents an industry first and we are looking forward to an exciting and productive collaboration with Shire."
"As a leader in innovative therapies for rare diseases, Shire is continuing to apply new technologies to address the needs of patients," said Philip J. Vickers, Senior Vice President, Research and Development, Shire Human Genetic Therapies (HGT). "Monoclonal antibody therapy is an underutilized approach to the treatment of rare diseases, and this novel platform has the potential to bring multiple drug candidates into our early-stage pipeline. Partnerships such as this one with arGEN-X are an important part of our strategy to bring new therapies to those suffering from rare diseases worldwide."
Record changed: 2015-01-04
More documents for Shire (Group)
-  Shire plc. (1/11/15). "Press Release: Shire to Acquire NPS Pharma as Further Step in Building a Leading Biotech. Transaction Valued at $5.2 Billion – Enhances Growth Profile". Dublin & Bedminster, NJ....
-  Argen-X N.V.. (12/11/14). "Press Release: Argen-X Announces Advancement of Therapeutic Antibody Alliance with Shire". Breda & Ghent....
-  Shire plc. (12/10/14). "Press Release: Shire R&D Day Profiles Innovative Pipeline Expected to Contribute $3 Billion in Product Sales by 2020". Lexington, MA....
-  Argen-X N.V.. (8/27/14). "Press Release: Business Update and First Half 2014 Results". Breda & Ghent....
-  AbbVie Inc.. (7/18/14). "Press Release: Recommended Combination of Shire plc and AbbVie Inc. [Not for release, publication or distribution, into any jurisdiction where to do so would constitute a violation of the relevant laws or regulations]"....
-  to-BBB Technologies B.V.. (6/30/14). "Press Release: to-BBB Announces Succesful €10 Million Financing". Leiden....
-  Shire plc. (6/20/14). "Press Release: Shire Confirms Rejection of AbbVie Proposal [Not for any jurisdiction where it would constitute a violation of relevant laws]". London....
-  AbbVie Inc.. (6/19/14). "Press Release: Announcement Falling Under Rule 2.4 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers. AbbVie Inc. Notes the Recent Press Speculation and Confirms It Made an Indicative Approach to Shire plc with a Merger Proposal which Wa...
-  Argen-X B.V.. (6/4/14). "Press Release: Argen-X Enters Long-term Strategic Alliance with Shire Pharmaceuticals in Therapeutic Antibodies. Significantly Expanded Relationship Created on Back of Collaboration Success". Ghent & Breda....
-  Fibrotech Therapeutics Pty Ltd.. (5/2/14). "Press Release: Fibrotech Acquired by Shire for US$75M plus Milestones". Melbourne....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)