Collaboration › Details
Danaher–ETH Zürich: mass spectrometry, 201007– collab metabolomics method development on QTRAP 5500 system
|Partner, 1st||AB Sciex LLC|
|Partner, 2nd||ETH Zürich, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology (ETHZ-IMSB)|
|Group||ETH Zürich (ETHZ)|
|Product||mass spectrometry solution/method|
|Product 2||AB Sciex QTRAP® 5500 LC/MS/MS System|
|Index term 2||ETH Zürich–Danaher: mass spectrometer, 201007 supply existent QTRAP 5500 System in use at Institute of Molecular Systems Biology|
|Person||Sauer, Uwe (ETH Zurich 201007 Institute of Molecular Systems Biology)|
|Person 2||Zamboni, Nicola (ETH Zurich 201007 Institute of Molecular Systems Biology)|
AB Sciex. (7/21/10). "Press Release: AB Sciex and the ETH Zurich Institute of Molecular Systems Biology Team Up to Help Advance Systems Biology. Collaboration to Create New Methods on AB Sciex QTRAP". Foster City, CA.
Collaboration to create new methods on AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System for faster and broader quantitative analysis in support of metabolomics studies
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced that it is working with scientists at the ETH Zurich Institute of Molecular Systems Biology as part of the Swiss Systems Biology Program (SystemsX.ch) to accelerate analysis and improve results for metabolomics, which is the scientific study of chemical processes involving metabolites. This joint work is focused on developing quantitative, broad-coverage, high-throughput metabolomics for systems biology based on AB SCIEX mass spectrometry technology to help provide a better view into living organisms.
Led by Dr. Nicola Zamboni and Dr. Uwe Sauer, the team of scientists at ETH is currently using the AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System to develop a new method that will reduce the time to conduct quantitative analysis of metabolites from approximately one hour to under three minutes, while delivering comprehensive results. This advancement will speed up the availability of critical information relevant for analyzing biological systems. Scientists will be able to use this method to better analyze how metabolite levels are related to metabolic fluxes and protein levels within complex networks. This method will be made available for use by scientists around the world for their own analysis in metabolomics studies.
The QTRAP 5500 System is a mass spectrometry system that integrates triple quadrupole and linear accelerator trap technologies onto a single platform for faster and more accurate analysis of complex samples, making this system ideal for metabolomics, in addition to other areas of systems biology including proteomics and lipidomics. The QTRAP 5500 System is a robust platform on which to develop new methods for quantifying metabolites that could then be transferred into standard procedures in research laboratories around the world.
Uwe Sauer, Ph.D., Professor of Systems Biology, ETH Zurich Institute of Molecular Systems Biology “Our partnering with AB SCIEX on new method development for metabolomics will drive the field of systems biology forward by addressing the need for more quantitative, comprehensive data that can be quickly obtained. The new method we are currently developing could be used for any analysis of any biological system. The AB SCIEX technology gives us unique capabilities to get the best possible data in the shortest period of time that we can apply to make a major difference in systems biology and biomedical research.”
Dave Hicks, Vice President and General Manager of the Pharmaceutical and Omics Business, AB SCIEX “Our project with ETH will help researchers make significant progress in metabolomics research more rapidly than was previously possible. This demonstrates how AB SCIEX mass spectrometry technology continues to advance life science by enabling new workflows that combine targeted and non-targeted analysis of the metabolome for a new approach to understand the role and impact of metabolites in biology.”
AB SCIEX solution portfolio
AB SCIEX mass spectrometers
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags Metabolomics, mass spectrometry, quantitative analysis, analytical science, QTRAP, metabolite identification, systems biology, SystemsX.ch
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license. © 2010. AB SCIEX.
Record changed: 2012-04-26
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Danaher Corporation. (7/1/15). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Pricing of Euro-Denominated Senior Notes Offering". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (5/18/15). "Press Release: Sciex and the National University of Singapore Faculty of Science Sign a Memorandum of Understanding to Accelerate Cancer Biomarker Discovery in Southeast Asia". Singapore....
-  Danaher Corporation. (5/13/15). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Intention to Separate into Two Independent, Publicly Traded Companies". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (5/13/15). "Press Release: Danaher to Acquire Pall Corporation for $127.20 per Share, or $13.8 Billion". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (4/27/15). "Press Release: Experts in Pharma, Clinical Research, Omics, Environmental and Food Testing Meet for SCIEX’s 6th LC-MS/MS Symposium in Berlin". Darmstadt....
-  Danaher Corporation. (4/23/15). "Press Release: Danaher Reports Record First Quarter 2015 Results". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (3/2/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Labor Berlin Collaboration to Advance Forensic Testing". Framingham, MA & Darmstadt....
-  AB Sciex. (2/3/15). "Press Release: AB Sciex Triple Quad 6500 LC/MS/MS Systems Enable New Levels of Sensitivity for Clinical Trials of Inhaled Drugs". Warrington....
-  AB Sciex. (1/22/15). "Press Release: European Reference Laboratory Improves Accuracy of Pesticide Detection in Food with AB SCIEX Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation". Warrington....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/11/14). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition Of Nobel Biocare". Washington, D.C.....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]