Collaboration › Details
CCS Cell Culture Service–ChromoTek: Chromobody cell lines, 201203– collab service + distribution + co-marketing by CCS
|Partner, 1st||CCS Cell Culture Service GmbH|
|Partner, 2nd||ChromoTek GmbH|
|Product||Chromobody® cell line|
|Product 2||green fluorescent protein (GFP) technology|
CCS Cell Culture Service GmbH. (3/15/12). "Press Release: Chromotek and Cell Culture Service Enter into a Partnership to Market Chromobody Cell Lines". Martinsried & Hamburg.
Chromotek GmbH (Munich, Germany) and Cell Culture Service GmbH (Hamburg, Germany) have entered into a service, distribution and co-marketing partnership. Under the agreement, Cell Culture Service will provide Chromobody® cells for direct use in live cell assays. These express fluorescently labeled intracellular antibodies allowing real time monitoring of endogenous intracellular proteins. Biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies will be offered Chromobody® cell lines or transient bulk transfections of own cell lines in assay ready formats to enhance their drug discovery and high throughput screening capabilities.
Chromobodies are single domain antibodies that are genetically fused to fluorescent proteins to serve as functional nanoprobes in living cells. The Chromobody® technology allows for the first time to trace endogenous intracellular antigens and to visualize dynamic changes of these targets in living cells. Currently available cell lines allow the high content analysis of the full cell cycle and real time monitoring of apoptotic events. Small molecule libraries can be screened for desired or adverse effects on a cellular level in multiwell formats. "The combination of dynamic live cell analysis and high content read out closes a gap in drug discovery and I am delighted to facilitate the use of this novel technology for my customers", states Dr. Oliver Wehmeier, Managing Director and President of Cell Culture Service.
"We are impressed with CCS' capabilities to manufacture any type of cell based reagent in any type of cell and assay format for Chromobody® customers" says Dr. Marion Jung, Managing Director of Chromotek.
Customers who have licensed a cell line from Chromotek can order these cells from CCS directly. Customers who would like to get access to Chromotek's technology for the first time can license the cell line or order assay-ready frozen instant cells via Chromotek or via CCS.
About CCS Cell Culture Service
For more than eleven years, CCS has been supporting research departments of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in their efforts to discover new drug entities by supplying them with custom made functionally validated cell based reagents.
CCS is one of the leading suppliers of recombinant cell lines, assay-ready frozen cells, qualified membranes, and proteins for high-throughput screening. Major pharmaceutical companies all over Europe and the USA now rely on the custom products and services of CCS.
Chromotek products set new benchmarks for cellular research. The company was established in 2008 as a spin-off from Munich's Ludwig Maximilian University and is located in Martinsried, Germany's leading biotech cluster. Chromotek develops and markets immunological and bioimaging reagents and cellular assays for biomedical research and drug discovery. These include the GFP-Trap® for the rapid pull-down of GFP fusion proteins, GFP and RFP boosters for intensifying the fluorescence signal of GFP or RFP fusion proteins, Chromobody® based live cell assays for screening and validation and a fluorescence based protein-protein interaction assay called Fluorescent-2-Hybrid (F2H). More than 1.900 customers from all over the world trust in Chromotek products.
Am Klopferspitz 19
Tel: +49 (89) 78 79 73 03
CCS Cell Culture Service GmbH
Tel: +49 (40) 471 96 575
Record changed: 2012-04-01
More documents for Evotec (Group)
-  Evotec AG. (6/19/14). "Press Release: Evotec Receives Milestone Payment as Part of Its Discovery Alliance with Boehringer Ingelheim". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (5/28/14). "Press Release: Evotec to Establish an Anti-infectives Platform with the Acquisition of Euprotec Ltd. Adds Key Know-how and Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area Capabilities". Manchester & Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (5/14/14). "Press Release: Evotec AG Reports Results of First Quarter 2014". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (5/6/14). "Press Release: Evotec and Eternygen Enter Collaboration to Identify and Develop Novel Metabolic Disease Therapy". Berlin & Hamburg....
-  Euprotec Ltd.. (5/1/14). "Press Release: Euprotec Appoints New Finance Director"....
-  Argen-X B.V.. (4/14/14). "Press Release: Argen-X Appoints Dr Werner Lanthaler to Its Supervisory Board". Breda & Ghent....
-  Evotec AG. (4/2/14). "Press Release: Evotec and Debiopharm Group to Collaborate on Development of New Treatment for Cancer". Lausanne & Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (3/31/14). "Press Release: Evotec and Convergence Form Integrated Pain Alliance". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (3/25/14). "Press Release: Evotec FY 2013". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (3/24/14). "Press Release: Evotec Acquires Bionamics GmbH to Accelerate »EVT Innovate« Strategy". Hamburg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the European life sciences, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSE newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)